Originally Posted On: https://www.iquanti.com/
How to choose the best credit card for gas rewards
The best credit cards for gas rewards typically have attractive perks for both gas and other purchases you frequently make. Unless you drive a ton every day, you’ll want to make sure your gas rewards credit card has other benefits as well, such as perks for restaurants or travel. In this article, we’ll discuss what the best gas rewards credit cards are and what to consider when selecting one.
What’s the best gas rewards credit card?
The best cards for gas rewards have good returns on gas purchases and a variety of other rewards.
There are two different gas rewards credit card options:
- Gas credit cards from credit card companies: These cards aren’t affiliated with any one gas retailer, so you won’t have to deal with any location or brand restrictions. They offer the most flexibility in terms of where you can use them. Travelers who don’t go to the same station every time can earn rewards, no matter where their journey takes them. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’ll always be able to get the best gas deal possible.
- Station-affiliated gas credit cards: These cards offer competitive gas rewards, but you can only use your card at certain stations. This card is likely only a good fit if you already frequent the same gas station or can easily switch which station you go to.
4 things to consider when choosing a gas rewards card
Here are 4 things to consider when picking a gas rewards card:
- Which other perks best suit your lifestyle?: If you eat out often, you may want a card that also has restaurant benefits. If you travel frequently, a card with hotel rewards could be a good fit.
- Can your card save you cash?: A card with cash back rewards could put some extra money in your pocket, no work required. You could also look into cards that have sign-up bonuses or that don’t have any annual fees.
- Are there any restrictions?: Make sure to read the fine print about caps and spending levels. You can always call up your card provider for an explanation if the details aren’t clear.
- What’s the interest rate?: If you carry a balance month to month, you’ll have to pay an interest rate. Knowing the interest rate ahead of time can save you from an unwelcome bill surprise later. If your card has a low introductory APR, you should also find out when the promotional rate expires and what the regular rate is.
The bottom line on gas rewards
Gas rewards probably shouldn’t be your only priority when selecting a credit card. Having gas rewards can help, especially if you drive frequently, but make sure that the card has other perks and bonuses that will help you in your daily life.
The post How to choose the best credit card for gas rewards appeared first on ArticleCity.com.